Friday, January 18, 2008

Hello, everyone

My name is Steve K, and this blog is about anything and everything ... but I think mainly you'll find it's about politics and sports.

For my first official blog entry, I will make the bold, go-out-on-a-limb prediction that the Patriots will win Sunday ... and go one to win their fourth Super Bowl this decade.

It's uncanny how this team doesn't blink. As a New Englander, it's weird to finally -- after all the years I've been alive -- to have a team (other than the Celtics) that wins relentlessly. Usually, whether it was the New York Yankees, Miami Dolphins, Montreal Canadiens, and even the Chicago Bulls ... we'd have to watch from a far as cities won title after title. I'd be sitting there in my den, rooting like MAD for the other team ... just to break things up ... but these teams were just too good.

I believe that Patriots are just too good. Nobody outside of New England likes them, and I suppose if I were from anywhere else but here I wouldn't either. They're not very likeable on the outside. Their coach is a churl (not to mention a bit fo a sneak) and their players have this air of superiority about them ... as if they're too good, and too mature, to get down and dirty and play the trash talk game with other teams.

Now ... about the trash talk game. It's fun. If you have to wait a week between games, the only thing that makes it bearable is the trash talking, because at least it's different. Otherwise, there's precious little NEWS that happens between one game and the next ... and all you see and hear are the TV talking heads going over stuff that couldn't POSSIBLY matter, except to them.

Here's all you have to know: The Patriots are better than any team in the National Football League, and at some point Sunday, whether it's early or late, they're going to leave San Diego in their dust. This doesn't mean the Chargers are going to lay down. It just means that even if the Chargers punch and claw for 60 minutes, whatever the Patriots punch and claw WITH is better.

Patriots 28, Chargers 14.

1 comment:

FrancesM said...

Hey, Sports Boy!

Love your blog. Love the Patriots. I love it when Brady goes "deep". ;~) I also agree with your outcome of today's game and a Pat's Super Bowl win.